Whenever your iPhone freezes, even after the iOS 15 update, you can be easily irritated as there is no access to any data stored on it, thus you can not work and even live smoothly like before. If you are part of those who desire to identify what has to be done when your iPhone keeps freezing, then this article will assist you. Just keep reading!
- 1. Charge iPhone
- 2. Force Restart the iPhone
- 3. Use the Professional iOS Repair Tool
- 4. Update/Restore iPhone via iTunes/Finder
Part 1. Why Is My iPhone Freezing All the Time?
- Battery issues: Your iPhone can be frozen if you have exposed it to extreme temperature. Battery health is vital for iPhone to function normally. And if your iPhone battery drains up during the iOS 15 update, it can also freeze.
- Software issues: As one of the most common causes for iPhone issues, software glitches can lead iPhone to freeze, too. And those software-related issues always occur during a failed iOS 15 update, restoration or jailbreak.
- Hardware issues: It’s also possible that your iPhone has some hardware problems such as malfunction components, poor contact between certain parts.
Part 2. What to Do When iPhone Freezes
1. Charge iPhone if Your iPhone Freezes
If your iPhone is freezing on an empty screen during the iOS 15 update, you can try to charge it with the original USB cable. Simply use the cable to connect your frozen iPhone to a wall outlet instead of the USB port of the computer. If the battery is entirely drained, it might take up to 20 minutes of boosting before your device starts working normally again.
2. Force Restart the iPhone
If your iPhone keeps freezing after iOS 15 update, you can occasionally solve the problem by force restarting it. This is a common method for many iPhone issues and some Apple users get their problem solved by this way. Follow different steps below according to your iPhone models.
- For iPhone 6 or earlier models: Press down the Home button and the Power button at the same time. Keep holding both buttons till the Apple logo appears.
- For iPhone 7 or 7 Plus: Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button at the same time. Release the buttons when you see the Apple logo.
- For iPhone 8 or later models: Quickly press and release the Volume Up button, and then do the same for Volume Down button. After that, press and hold the Power button till you see the Apple logo.
3. Use the Professional iOS Repair Tool Umendit
Even though all the methods above have the possibility to fix the iPhone that is frozen, the success rate is comparatively low compared with the professional tool. And if you have tried all the methods above and got nothing, You can consider the all-in-one iOS repair tool, Umendit.
- Umendit can repair your iPhone that freezes after iOS 15 update or in any other occasions, iPhone stuck on the Apple logo, recovery mode screen, spinning wheel, and many other iOS issues without data loss.
- The interface and operation of this program are user-friendly that even the green hand in this field can fix their device with several clicks.
- 60-day refund policy promises user's rights to the most extent.
- It supports all iOS versions including the latest iOS 15.
- Supports all iOS/iPadOS/tvOS versions including the newly released iOS 15.
To use it, you need to download Umendit and launch it on your computer. Then, you need to follow these steps:
- 1 Choose the Standard Repair from the main interface and then connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Umendit will ask you to put your device into DFU/Recovery Mode because your iPhone can not be detected now. You can simply follow the steps on the screen to do it.
- 2 Once Umendit detects your iPhone, it will automatically provides all the suitable firmware for your iPhone. Select the one you want and click Next.
- 3 After downloading the software, click the Start button and Umendit will begin repairing your frozen iPhone. Don’t unplug your iPhone during the process, or you may run the risk of getting it bricked again.
4. Update/Restore iPhone via iTunes/Finder
iTunes/Finder can be used to repair a frozen iPhone through recovery mode. And you can choose to update or restore your iPhone. Updating the iPhone will only install the latest iOS version on your device and keep all your data safe. However, the success rate is much lower than restoring an iPhone, which is more possible to fix your iPhone that freezes with the price of data loss. And if you have updated the iPhone to iOS 15, then you can only choose to restore it. Let’s see how to do it.
In the very beginning, you need to launch iTunes/Finder, then connect your iPhone to the PC. Now you need to put your iPhone into recovery mode so that the iTunes can detect it.
- For iPhone 8 or later iPhones: Press and release the Volume Up button, and then press and release the Volume Down button. Finally press and hold the Side button until the recovery mode screen shows. Don’t release the button when you see the Apple logo.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold the Volume Down button together with Side button. Keep holding till the recovery mode screen appears.
- For iPhone 6 or earlier iPhones: Press and hold the Home button and Side button at the same time. Release the buttons when you see the recovery mode screen.