Find My iPhone is a unique feature that allows you to locate your iPhone if it has been stolen or misplaced. It's Apple's first line of defence against a missing phone.
But in some cases, for example, if you need to use an iPhone that has been logged in with a different Apple ID, you might need to disable the Find My iPhone feature. It's easy to do if you know the password to the previous owner's Apple ID. But if you don't, this article will show you how to turn off Find My iPhone without Apple ID password.
Does factory reset turn off Find My iPhone?
Factory reset does not turn off Find My iPhone. When you factory reset your iPhone, all your data; including photos, videos, messages, passwords, call logs and apps will be wiped away. Your phone settings will be reset too.
However, the Find My iPhone feature will remain active, and your device cannot be unlocked without the iCloud password of the account that was running the phone.
Part 1. Why You May Need to Turn Off Find My iPhone
Find My iPhone is a feature developed by Apple to help users track a lost iPhone. It works by showing you the last known location of your iPhone. You can also play a sound to locate your phone or put an activation lock to prevent anyone from using your lost phone.
While this feature is obviously useful, there are instances where you might want to turn it off. For example, if you're selling, trading or giving away your iPhone, you will have to turn off Find My iPhone so that the new owner of the phone can use it with their own iCloud account.
Secondly, if you're suspecting that someone is stalking you or hacking your iPhone data, turning off this function can be a quick solution.
So how do you turn of Find My iPhone? First, we shall see how you can deactivate it when you have the password to the Apple ID. Then, we shall look at how to how to turn off Find My iPhone without password.
Part 2. How to Turn Off Find My iPhone
If you know the password to the Apple ID of the previous owner of the phone, there are three ways you can deactivate Find My iPhone.
Solution 1: Turn Off Find My iPhone in Settings
This involves deactivating the feature when you have physical access to the device.
(1) For iOS 12 or earlier iPhones:
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud
- Tap Turn off Find My iPhone.
- Enter your Apple ID password and choose Turn Off to confirm.
(2) For iOS 13 or later iPhones:
- Open Settings > [your name] > Find My > Find My iPhone, and toggle to turn it off.
- Enter your Apple ID password, then tap Turn Off.
Solution 2: Turn Off Find My iPhone from Computer
In case you can't access your device or turn it on, you can deactivate "Find My iPhone" from computer by logging into iCloud on a browser.
- Visit iCloud.com on a browser.
- Sign in to your iCloud account using the Apple ID and password of the associated iPhone.
- Go to Find My iPhone section, at the top centre of which click on "All Devices" and select the iPhone icon.
- Select "Erase iPhone".
- When your device is successfully erased, click on the green link that reads "Remove from Account".
Part 3. How to Turn Off Find My iPhone Without Password
This is another method that shows you how to turn off Find My iPhone from computer, and even more advanced, without password. If you don't have the password to the Apple ID of an iPhone, then with a little help from UnicTool Upassit, you can still disable Find My iPhone fast and easy. Upassit is a safe and trusted tool that can disable the Find My iPhone feature and remove Apple ID without password.
- Turn off Find My iPhone without password in just a few clicks.
- Bypass iCloud Activation Lock if you forgot the login Apple ID or password.
- Remove iPhone screen lock if device is disabled or in Lost Mode.
- Friendly user-interface and clear on-screen instructions.
- Support iOS 12.0 and later.
Here's the simple steps to turn off Find My iPhone from computer with Upassit:
- 1 Select a mode
- 2 Let Upassit jailbreak your iPhone
- 3 Upassit will begin turning off Find My iPhone
Launch Upassit on your computer and select the "Turn Off Find My [device]" mode. Connect your phone to the computer and click "Start".
On your phone, a pop up will ask to "Trust This Computer?”. Simply unlock your phone screen and tap "Trust".
UnicTool Upassit offers a number of tried-and-tested tutorials to help you jailbreak your iPhone. Just follow the on-screen instruction and proceed to Step 3.
Confirm the device information on the screen, and Upassit will run the program to turn off Find My iPhone on your device.
At this stage make sure the process is uninterrupted and keep your iPhone connected to the computer.
After a few seconds, the process is finished and Upassit has successfully turned off Find My iPhone without password on your device!
Whether or not you have an Apple ID password, disabling Find My iPhone should be a breeze. All you have to do is the simple steps outlined above. If you've been wondering how to turn off Find My iPhone without a password, UnicTool Upassit will do the job with its quick and user-friendly interface.