Dating apps like Tinder andGrindr use your location to suggest viable matches for you. But when everyoneon the app can view your location, some problems regarding safety and privacymight arise. Besides, in view of the limited choices in one area, some usersmay want to explore more resources in other districts. Those two reasons mainlyaccount for why people now feel the need to fake their GPS locations on thesedating applications.
In this article, we will show you how to fake GPS location on Grindr and even hide your location on the appcompletely. Read on and you'll find this full guide very useful.
- 1. [Secure & Effective] Fake Grindr GPS on iOS & Android Using TailorGo
- 2. [Complicated] Fake Grindr GPS on Computer With Android Emulator
- 3. [Security Risks] Fake Grindr GPS With VPN
Part 1. An Overview of Faking GPS on Grindr
1. A Brief Introduction of Grindr
Coming as a revolution in thedating scene for gay, bi, trans, and queer people, Grindr has been one of thetop dating platforms since its launch in 2009 and is now regarded as the mostpopular gay dating app in the world. Using location-based technology, Grindr was created specifically to help men meetother men close to each other.
If one wants to use Grindr toits full capability, the current location is necessary. The application usesGPS and cellular services to match a user with other users that are locatednearby. Therefore, it is quite usual to see men log on within about a hundredmeters of you. Using such kind of online dating app could be a very funexperience to come into contact with new people in the "old" place, butmeanwhile there are a couple of privacy risks following.
2. Why Would People Want to Fake GPS on Grindr
As we have talked about in the part above, Grindr is a location-based application and matches a user with others based on his GPS location. Therefore first and foremost, many users want to change the real current location on Grindr so that they can unlock the profiles at any other location and match more partners. For example, one located at New York wants to fake GPS on Grindr and pretend to be in London, with the aim of matching new people in London, instead of merely New Yorkers. In this way, one can also get to know more people living in the places he is planning to go in advance and pave the way for future life.
Another important reason for users to fake GPS on Grindr is concerning security. When users' locationinformation is open to everyone including total strangers, sometimes it's undeniable that the disadvantages outweigh the advantages. And there have been examples of some Grindr users using thelocation information of other people to harm them.
The privacy risks are evenhigher in some anti-gay areas. Homosexuality is still illegal in more than 60 countries around theworld with the punishments in these countries being rather gruesome. So usingGrindr app letting your location revealed in one of these places could resultin terrible consequences. In fact, some governments have been found to use thisapp to track down gay citizens in their countries. Besides, in countries likeMorocco, Egypt, and Iran, users of the Grindr app are regularly identifiedthrough the app and shamed because of it.
Part 2. How to Fake GPS Location on Grindr
|TailorGo||iOS & Android||
||Starts at $9.95|
|VPN||iOS & Android||
||Starts at $12.95|
Although hiding your distanceon Grindr might seem like a good idea, you will still be matched directly withpeople in your surroundings so it does not offer you complete privacy. Toensure full confidence and comfort while using the app, changing or fakinglocation on Grindr might just be the step you need to take. Here we've gotthree different methods for you.
1. [Secure & Effective] Fake Grindr GPS on iOS & Android Using TailorGo
The easiest and mosteffective way for you to fake GPS location on Grindr is by using TailorGo. This is a spoofing application that enables you to change thelocation that appears on your Grindr profile to whatever place you choose.With TailorGo, you'll get to change your GPS location to somewhere elsewhether you're in a hostile environment or if you want to meet some new peoplefrom the other side of the world.
How to Change Location on Grindr
- Fake GPS on Grindr and change it to anywhere you want easily.
- Simulate GPS movement naturally and smoothly without any lag.
- Work well on various location-based apps: fake Life360 location, change Facebook location and spoof Pokémon GO.
- Only simple steps are required to complete the location spoofing process.
- No security risk or personal information leakage.
- Support Android 5-12 and iOS 7-15.
- Free trial is available, offering the main functions.
- 1Download, install and launch TailorGo on your computer.Click the "Get Started" button and have your device connected.
- 2To change location on Grindr, choose the Teleport Mode and select a destination. Then click the "Move" button.
- 3TailorGo will fake your locationand the change will be updated to Grindr timely.
2. [Complicated] Fake Grindr GPS on Computer With Android Emulator
When it comes to faking GPS location oncomputers, Androidemulator is one kind of tool that you can never miss.And one of the most popular and reliable Android emulators around is BlueStacks,which will help you walk around the recent restrictions placed by Grindr onlocation spoofing and change Grindr GPS location to anywhere you want.
To get BlueStacks working onyour computer, follow these steps:
- 1. Download the latest version of Bluestacks from their website.
- 2. Download the Grindr app and open it.
- 3. Choose the location feature from the sidebar and turn on the "Mock Location" function. Now drop the pin to the place you want to be in or search it manually to spoof Grindr location.
- It is for Android users only.
- The whole operating process is a little complicated - not easy or straightforward enough.
3. [Security Risks] Fake Grindr GPS With VPN
Apart from the two methodsabove, you can also use some VPN app like ExpressVPN to make Grindr believethat you are located somewhere else. Just follow three simple steps:
- 1. Download ExpressVPN from the app store and purchase the service if necessary.
- 2. Launch the VPN application and log in. Click to connect to the smart location suggested.
- 3. You can also search and change the location manually.
- There are security risks like IP leaks when using a VPN.
- Sometimes only changing the IP address via VPN won't suffice to change GPS location on Grindr.
Bonus: How to Hide Location on Grindr
1. Disable Distance Showing on Grindr
You can simply disableshowing your distance on your Grindr profile by following these steps:
- 1Launch the app and enter your profile.
- 2Tap on the Settings cog in the top right corner of the app
- 3Find the "Show Distance" option in the menu and switch it off.
2. Turn off Location Service on Grindr
If you're somewhere you don'twant to share with others, you can just turn off the Grindr location services.
For iOS users, open Settingsand scroll down to "Privacy", tap "Location Services". Then scroll down toGrindr, and choose "Never" there.
For Android users, go to Settings and search forapp permissions. In the menu, select "Location" and then tap the slider next toGrindr to disable the location service of it.
Grindr is a widely used appand all users of it deserve freedom, privacy and respect. To defend againstsome potential security risks and match with more people in other areas, faking GPS on Grindr might be necessarysometimes. Three methods mentioned above can be tried and TailorGo is the best option in every way. In fact, this spoofing app justaims to offer the best service by enabling every user to fake location onGrindr as well as other location-based apps.