Dating apps like Tinder and Grindr use your location to suggest viable matches for you. But when everyone on the app can view your location, some problems regarding safety and privacy might arise. Besides, in view of the limited choices in one area, some users may want to explore more resources in other districts. Those two reasons mainly account for why people now feel the need to fake their GPS locations on these dating applications.
In this article, we will show you how to fake GPS location on Grindr and even hide your location on the app completely. Read on and you'll find this full guide very useful.
- 1. [Secure & Effective] Fake Grindr GPS on iOS and Android Using TailorGo
- 2. [Android Only] Fake Grindr GPS on Computer With Android Emulator
- 3. [Security Risks] Fake Grindr GPS With VPN
Part 1. An Overview of Faking GPS on Grindr
1. A Brief Introduction of Grindr
Coming as a revolution in the dating scene for gay, bi, trans, and queer people, Grindr has been one of the top dating platforms since its launch in 2009 and is now regarded as the most popular gay dating app in the world. Using location-based technology, Grindr was created specifically to help men meet other men close to each other.
If one wants to use Grindr to its full capability, the current location is necessary. The application uses GPS and cellular services to match a user with other users that are located nearby. Therefore, it is quite usual to see men log on within about a hundred meters of you. Using such kind of online dating app could be a very fun experience to come into contact with new people in the "old" place, but meanwhile there are a couple of privacy risks following.
2. Why Would People Want to Fake GPS on Grindr
When users' location information is open to everyone including total strangers, sometimes it's undeniable that the disadvantages outweigh the advantages. And there have been examples of some Grindr users using the location information of other people to harm them.
The privacy risks are even higher in some anti-gay areas. Homosexuality is still illegal in more than 60 countries around the world with the punishments in these countries being rather gruesome. So using Grindr app letting your location revealed in one of these places could result in terrible consequences. In fact, some governments have been found to use this app to track down gay citizens in their countries. Besides, in countries like Morocco, Egypt, and Iran, users of the Grindr app are regularly identified through the app and shamed because of it.
Besides, some users may want to change the real current location to other areas so that they can unlock the profiles at any location they want and match more partners. For example, one can get to know more people in the places he likes or get familiar with men in the city he is planning to go in advance.
Part 2. How to Fake GPS Location on Grindr
|TailorGo||iOS & Android||Starts at $9.95|
|BlueStacks||Android Only||Not Sure||Free|
|VPN||iOS & Android||Sometimes||Starts at $12.95|
Although hiding your distance on Grindr might seem like a good idea, you will still be matched directly with people in your surroundings so it does not offer you complete privacy. To ensure full confidence and comfort while using the app, changing or faking location on Grindr might just be the step you need to take. Here we've got three different methods for you.
1. [Secure & Effective] Fake Grindr GPS on iOS and Android Using TailorGo
The easiest and most effective way for you to fake your location on the Grindr app is by using TailorGo. This is a spoofing application that enables you to change the location that appears on your Grindr profile to whatever place you choose. Using TailorGo, you can get to change your GPS location to somewhere else whether you're in a hostile environment or if you want to meet some new people from the other side of the world.
- Change GPS location to anywhere you want easily.
- Simulate GPS movement naturally and smoothly without any lag.
- Work well on a full range of location-based apps, such as Grindr, Life360, WhatsApp and Pokémon GO.
- Only simple steps are required to complete the whole location spoofing process.
- No security risk or personal information leakage.
- Support both Android and iOS system (including iOS 15).
- 1 Download, install and launch TailorGo on your computer. Click the "Get Started" button and have your device connected.
- 2 To change location, choose the Teleport Mode and select a destination. To simulate GPS movement, choose either the Navigation Route Mode or Straight Routes Mode, then plan a route to move along, including the moving speed, direction, and moving times.
- 3 TailorGo will change your location or complete the movement as planned. The changes will be updated to Grindr timely.
2. [Android Only] Fake Grindr GPS on Computer With Android Emulator
When it comes to faking GPS location on computers, Android emulator is one kind of tool that you can never miss. And one of the most popular and reliable Android emulators around is BlueStacks, which will help you walk around the recent restrictions placed by Grindr on location spoofing and change Grindr GPS location to anywhere you want.
To get BlueStacks working on your computer, follow these steps:
- 1. Download the latest version of Bluestacks from their website.
- 2. Download the Grindr app and open it.
- 3. Choose the location feature from the sidebar and turn on the "Mock Location" function. Now drop the pin to the place you want to be in or search it manually to spoof Grindr location.
- It is for Android users only.
- The whole operating process is a little complicated - not easy or straightforward enough.
3. [Security Risks] Fake Grindr GPS With VPN
Apart from the two methods above, you can also use some VPN app like ExpressVPN to make Grindr believe that you are located somewhere else. Just follow three simple steps:
- 1. Download ExpressVPN from the app store and purchase the service if necessary.
- 2. Launch the VPN application and log in. Click to connect to the smart location suggested.
- 3. You can also search and change the location manually.
- There are security risks like IP leaks when using a VPN.
- Sometimes only changing the IP address via VPN won't suffice to change GPS location on Grindr.
Bonus: How to Hide Location on Grindr
1. Disable Distance Showing on Grindr
You can simply disable showing your distance on your Grindr profile by following these steps:
- 1Launch the app and enter your profile.
- 2Tap on the Settings cog in the top right corner of the app
- 3Find the "Show Distance" option in the menu and switch it off.
2. Turn off Location Service on Grindr
If you're somewhere you don't want to share with others, you can just turn off the Grindr location services.
For iOS users, open Settings and scroll down to "Privacy", tap "Location Services". Then scroll down to Grindr, and choose "Never" there.
For Android users, go to Settings and search for app permissions. In the menu, select "Location" and then tap the slider next to Grindr to disable the location service of it.
Grindr is a widely used app and all users of it deserve freedom, privacy and respect. To defend against some potential security risks and match with more people in other areas, spoofing location on Grindr might be necessary sometimes. Three methods mentioned above can be tried and TailorGo is the best option in every way. In fact, this spoofing app just aims to offer the best service by enabling every user to fake location on Grindr as well as other location-based apps.