Today, a lot of people will choose to buy a used iPhone or a second-hand iOS device rather than a brand new one. However, they are often troubled by the Activation Lock screen appearing on the device once they purchased them. This case will likely happen because the device is still connected to the previous owner's iCloud account.
It becomes a serious problem as it is nearly impossible to remove a linked iCloud account without the previous owner entering the associated Apple ID and password to unlock the device. But don't worry, we've found some possible solutions. And this guide is intended to help you remove Activation Lock without previous owner by introducing simple methods. Let's get started!
FAQ:How Does Find My iPhone Activation Lock Work?
Methods:How to Remove Activation Lock Without Previous Owner
FAQ:How Does Find My iPhone Activation Lock Work?
If you're a new user of iPhone, you may need to understand how activation lock works and why your iPhone is locked. The Activation Lock is an in-built security feature of every Apple product. It is mainly responsible to protect your data and files when your device is lost or stolen and stops anyone who stole your phone from reactivating it.
When someone, except the owner of the device, tries to access the phone, it will show the Activation Lock and require a password to unlock. Other than that, if someone tries to reset it, this exceptional security app will ask for the previous owner's login credentials. So it becomes much more difficult to remove the Activation Lock without knowing the credentials of the previous owner.
However, it's still possible to bypass Activation Lock without Apple ID and password — with a little help of the professional tool. Read on as we will show you some effective solutions to help you remove the Find My iPhone Activation Lock without previous owner.
Method: How to Remove Activation Lock Without Previous Owner
Method 1. Use Profesional Software
UnicTool Upassit is a professional iCloud Activation Lock Bypass tool that allows you to remove the Activation Lock on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without Apple ID or password. It is an easy way to reactivate Apple devices if you cannot use a second-hand iPhone, forgot the Activation Lock password, or simply want to reset without logging out Apple ID.
- Remove the Activation Lock screen without previous owner's passwords in a few seconds.
- iDevice won't be tracked by the previous Apple ID.
- Support almost all iOS devices and iOS versions.
- No technical requirements needed to operate this tool.
- Unlimited access to allmodes.
How to Use UnicTool Upassit?
- 1 Get Started
- 2 Jailbreak Your iOS Device
- 3 Bypass Activation Lock
Install and Launch UnicTool Upassit. Select "Bypass iCloud Activation Lock Screen Mode".
Now, connect your iCloud-locked device to your Mac via a USB cable.
In this step, Upassit requires jailbreak for bypassing the iCloud activation lock on iOS devices. It is necessary to remove software restrictions imposed by the manufacturer. The process is very easy. Just follow the on-screen instructions to jailbreak your device, and click "Finished Jailbreak" to proceed to the next step.
When done with the installation and jailbreaking, now you're good to start bypassing your device. Confirm your device information and then click "Start Bypass".
Method 2. Try Bypassing DNS Server
Bypassing DNS Server is another choice for you if you're looking for easy ways to remove Activation Lock without the previous owner. Note that this DNS method can only bypass the iCloud lock temporarily.
Whenever an Apple device is connected to WiFi, it will first connect to a DNS server and then try to reach the Apple server. Bypassing the DNS server instead of the Apple server allows you to remove the Activation Lock without any password or previous owner's login credentials.
The following are the steps of how to use this service:
- Step 1. Open your device and navigate to the "Choose a WiFi Network" page.
- Step 2. Now press the Home button and select WiFi settings. Now tap the "i" icon right behind your WiFi network. It will show the properties of the WiFi.
- Step 3. Select "Configure DNS" and set it according to your region (different regions have different IPs).
- Step 4. After that, go back to the WiFi page.
- Step 5. Now, click repeatedly on "Next" and "Back" and wait until the device connects to the iCloud DNS bypass server of your region.
Here's a list of the IP Addresses of DNS Servers:
South America: 220.127.116.11
Australia and Oceania: 18.104.22.168
Once done, you will be able to use the device normally without getting stuck on the Activation Lock screen.
1. This DNS method can only bypass the iCloud lock temporarily.
2. Some features can't be used after removing Activation Lockthis way.
Method 3. Get Help From Apple Support
When you can't remove Activation Lock by following the methods above, then you can try contacting Apple online support and provide them with the following details:
- Device serial number
- Purchase receipt
Once they verify you own the iOS device legally, they will assist you further by resting the login details for you.
Bonus: If You Can Get in Touch With the Previous Owner...
If you can get in touch with the previous owner of the iOS device, you can also consider asking him/her to remotely remove Find My iPhone Activation Lock via iCloud.com by following these steps:
- Step 1. Open the web and go to the official iCloud website, now sign in using the associated Apple ID and password.
- Step 2. Click All Devices at the top screen, and select the associated device.
- Step 3. Now, click "Erase [device]".
- Step 4. Lastly, click "Remove from account".
Now the device is complete removed from the previous owner's iCloud account, and the Activation Lock should be removed as well.
There are many reasons why you may need to remove Activation Lock without previous owner. Give UnicTool Upassit a try as it can help you bypass the Activation Lock effortlessly. Hope this thorough guide is helpful to you. Let us know in the comments below if you have any other useful methods to the issue!