For many people, WhatsApp is a part of their daily lives. For some, it's a medium to have meaningful discussions and keep track of other vital activities in their lives. Getting a new mobile device often comes with its perks; restoring WhatsApp is one of them.
If you can’t restore your WhatsApp on your new device correctly, you may likely lose your chats, media, and basic settings. Let's assume you use a Samsung device, and you recently got a Huawei phone.
To transfer WhatsApp from your Samsung to Huawei, you need this guide because it has well-documented steps to transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android devices with no hassles.
Method 1. How to Transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei with Email
This is an accessible and easily understandable method to transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android. The downside is that each time you send a chat via email, only a single conversation can be sent. And the process takes much time if the files are large.
It is a recommendable method if you only want to transfer a specific number of conversations to your new device, and you wouldn't mind the time frame in which it will take. Below are the steps to transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android via Email.
- 1 Launch the WhatsApp application on your phone.
- 2 Click on the three-dots icon on the top right corner, then click on the "Settings" icon.
- 3 Click on Chat > Chat history > Export chat.
- 4 Select the WhatsApp conversations you would like to export to the new Android device. When you are done with this process, a pop-up message will appear asking you to send the message "without media" or "attach media". It is recommended to choose "without media" due to the low messaging limit of 25Mb, which most email servers have.
- 5 When the email draft page appears, input the email address you would like to export the chats to, and click on the "send" button.
- It can't send all the chats at once.
- The exported chats come in .txt file format, which can only be opened as text, making it impossible for WhatsApp to re-access it.
- Media files can't be sent quickly. Large media files above 25Mb are impossible to send.
- Loss of data can occur during the process.
Method 2. How to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android with Google Drive
Google Drive provides a free and easy way to transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android thanks to its cloud storage space. All you require to do is to create a WhatsApp backup from your Samsung and restore it to your Huawei after setting up your Google account on the new phone. Below are the steps to transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android with Google Drive.
- 1 Open WhatsApp on your old Android device, and click on the "Settings" icon.
- 2 When in the "Settings" menu, go to the "Chats" icon and click on it.
- 3 Go to "Chat Backup" and click on the "Chat Backup" icon.
- 4 Then click on the "Backup" to create a whole backup of your WhatsApp to Google Drive.
- 5 Download WhatsApp on the new Android device, and install it.
- 6 After installation, set up WhatsApp and verify your phone number.
- 7 Once this process has been done, WhatsApp will automatically detect the previously created backup from your Google Drive.
- 8 Click on the "restore" button to begin restoring your backed-up WhatsApp data from your previous device.
- Sometimes it can easily stuck on the backup or restore process due to some technical errors.
- Many users report that the media files can't be restored (transferred) to another Android device.
- It requires you to connect your devices to a stable Wi-Fi network, or it may fail to back up/restore.
Method 3. Directly Move WhatsApp from Android to Android with ChatMover (No Brand Limitation)
ChatMover is a third-party software developed by UnicTool that allows you to transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android securely and quickly with no brand limitation. It is a fast method that guarantees no data loss during the transfer process. Like the other two methods, ChatMover can help transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android; what sets it above the pack is how efficient the result would be and its easy steps.
With the steps below, you will learn how to transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android with ChatMover.
- 1 Install and launch the ChatMover application.
- 2 Connect your old and new Android devices to your PC with USB cables. After that, you will be asked via a prompt to enable USB debugging to allow your PC to access your phone.
- 3 Click "Transfer", and choose the type of WhatsApp that you want. The transfer process now starts.
- 4 When the transfer process has been completed, you would see all your previous conversation and media files, such as photos and videos. The process may take a little time to be completed due to the size of the data being transferred.
- You can transfer an unlimited amount of chats and media files to your new Android device.
- It allows you to directly transfer the backup WhatsApp content from your old phone easily, as it doesn't require any extra tools or applications.
- It is easy to operate and understand, even for a newbie.
- It has a high success rate, and it is very efficient.
- You won't require numerous sign in to use the application.
Comparison Chart of the Methods Mentioned in This Guide
|Transfer with Email||Transfer with Google Drive||Transfer with ChatMover|
|Transfer All WhatsApp Chats At Once|
|Requires A Prior Backup or Not|
|Easy to Operate|
|Time-Consuming or Not|
This article has shown you three methods on how to transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android, including ChatMover, a third-party tool. We detailed what you should expect when you use any of these methods. We hope you found this article helpful.