Factory resetting an iPhone is usually a seamless process for most people. However, it could be a bit of a hassle if you don't remember the Apple ID password required to approve the reset. Fortunately, we've found some useful methods to help you get around this problem. In today's post, we will teach you how to factory reset iPhone without Apple ID password. Keep reading.
Bonus Tip:Reset iPhone with Password
Part 1. When You May Need to Factory Reset Your iPhone
- When you lose the password to your iPhone, you may want to regain access to the phone by factory resetting the device.
- You want to trade in your old iPhone with the latest model to help save some cash, and therefore need to remove your password.
- You want to sell your phone to a stranger and don't want them accessing your sensitive information using your password.
- You bought a secondhand iPhone and forgot the initial Apple ID password, hence requiring a factory reset to help get a new password.
Factory resetting your phone deletes all the settings and data on your iPhone, but not from iTunes and iCloud. Therefore, if you had backed up your data to iCloud before the factory reset, you can easily restore them back.
Part 2. How to Factory Reset iPhone Without Apple ID Password Via iTunes
There are different ways to delete Apple ID without password, but using iTunes is the most common and reliable method.
Find My iPhone feature should be turned off when using iTunes to factory reset iPhone, or else the iCloud Activation Lock will be enabled.
These steps will guide you through factory resetting your iPhone through iTunes:
- 1. Open iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC. Use the latest iTunes version to ensure a seamless process.
- 2. Connect your iPhone to the computer using an Apple USB cable.
- 3. Next, select Summary on the left menu pane.
- 4. When the Summary screen opens, you should see your device's name on the right pane and other details, such as the serial and phone number. Here, click on the Restore iPhone button.
- 5. When the confirmation window appears, click on Restore to begin the process.
- 6. Wait for the reset to complete. Once done, your iPhone will automatically restart, and you can now access it without an Apple ID password.
Still wondering how to delete Apple ID without password? Don't worry, the next section might fix your unresolved issue.
Part 3. How to Factory Reset iPhone with iCloud Activation Lock?
If you use the method above with the Find My iPhone feature enabled, you will find the iCloud Activation Lock is enabled. This will hinder you from getting access to your iPhone if you don't know the correct login Apple ID password, which would make your previous effort of factory resetting iPhone go to waste.
Luckily, you can use a professional iCloud Activation Lock bypass software to help. UnicTool Upassit is such a software that'll help iOS users in these scenarios:
- Bypass Activation Lock that appears after factory resetting iPhone.
- Factory reset iPhone that's been disabled or in Lost Mode.
- Turn off Find My iPhone feature without the associated login credentials.
- Compatible with various models of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
The steps below will show you how to use UnicTool Upassit to bypass the Activation Lock on your iPhone.
- 1 Download and install Upassit on your computer. Launch it and start the Remove Screen Lock and Bypass Activation mode. Then connect your iPhone with a USB cable.
- 2 Follow the on-screen instructions and let Upassit jailbreak the iPhone.
- 3 Select Your Device Information on the screen. Go to the FMI status drop-down menu and choose OFF.
- 4 Lastly, Upassit will erase the iPhone to factory reset the device, as well asremoving the previous Apple ID password.
Once done, your iPhone has been factory reset and you can now easily set up your iPhone as a new device.
Bonus Tip for Resetting iPhone with Password
If you have the associated Apple ID password to factory reset your iPhone. You can do it on iPhone Settings by going to: Settings > General > Reset iPhone > Erase All Content and Settings.
Don't forget to disable the Find My iPhone feature before the reset.
Factory resetting an iPhone without the Apple ID password can be quite stressful, but it doesn't have to be. You can use iTunes to factory reset your iPhone effectively without providing the Apple ID password. However, if the iCloud Activation Lock is enabled after the reset, then you should definitely try out UnicTool Upassit to unlock your iPhone!