Pokémon GO is a wildly popular game that is played by people all over the world. However, as the game gets more detailed, it can be challenging to know the best Pokémon type to use in a battle. To help, we have created a comprehensive list of the different abilities for each Pokémon type and selected the top five most effective types.
Part 1. An Overview of Pokémon GO Type
1. What Is Pokémon GO?
Pokémon GO is a free smartphone app that uses location tracking to create a game where players can collect Pokémon by catching them with their smartphone cameras and then training them in real locations. In addition, the technology is used to create an augmented reality, allowing players to feel like they are actually in the game.
One of the main things to look for when playing Pokémon GO is what Pokémon type you caught. The Pokémon type determines which Pokémon is strong against another. For instance, a water-type Pokémon would be strong against a fire type, or a fire type would be strong against an ice type. The key to being a successful Pokémon GO trainer is understanding the different types and learning how to use them against each other.
2. How Does It Work?
In Pokémon GO, Pokémon characters appear on the map within the game as players walk around in real life. Once the Pokémon is in range, it will pop up on the screen, and the users can throw a Poké Ball to catch them. Of course, the more characters you can catch, the better.
Pokémon GO is drawn in an anime style. But it is still very immersive since the map is a version of google maps, and it is accurate to the real-life locations and buildings. Even the PokeStops are based on real locations.
3. Types of Pokémon
There are 18 different types of Pokémon. Some Pokémon only has one type and is called pure-type Pokémon, while others have two types. The Pokémon with two types is called dual-type Pokémon. In this case, one of the types would be the primary type while the other is the secondary. Each attack only has one type.
4. Type Effectiveness
The effectiveness of the attack is dependent on the type of Pokémon. Some Pokémon have higher defend effectiveness which determines how much damage a Pokémon will get when it is hit by a move. These physical moves are determined by the strength of attack. Defense either endures or reflects the advances of attack.
Part 2. What's the Best Pokémon GO Type?
While the best type depends on your style as a Pokémon GO player, some of the best types of Pokémon include the psychic type, shadow type, fighting type, dragon type, and water type.
1. Top 5 Attacking Pokémon
- 1 Mewtwo Psychic Type: Mewtwo is one of the overall best Pokémon. It has a maximum CP of 4724 and defense of 182. It attacks with Psystrike and Shadow Ball, and is resistant to fighting type and psychic type.
Metagross Shadow Type: This steel type Pokémon attacker has a maximum CP of 4286, slightly less than Mewtwo. However, it has a stronger defense at 228. Its legacy moves are the Meteor Mash and the Bullet Punch.
The shadow type Metagross is more powerful in attacking than the steel type, but it is more difficult to find. It is also more expensive to power up and absorbs more damage when attacked.
- 3 Machamp Fighting Type: Machamp is placed third because although it is a potent attacker, it can sometimes be frail. It is resistant to bug, rock, and dark types but vulnerable to fairy, flying, and psychic types. A good combination is the Counter/Dynamic punch.
- 4 Rayquaza Dragon Type: This legendary Pokémon is only available in Legendary raids, and you need a full team of trainers to train it. However, if you succeed in training it, you will have one of the most powerful Pokémon in the game. It is extremely weak against ice types, but typically strong against others.
- 5 Kyogre Water Type: Kyogre is a water-type Pokémon that can be found in raids. It has a maximum CP of 4652, and a strong defense and attack. You can use Hydro Pump or Surf against rock type and ground type defenders.
2. Top 5 Defending Pokémon
- 1 Shuckle Bug/Rock Type: Shuckle is a Pokémon that takes the form of a berrie eating turtle. This Pokémon has the highest defense stat at 230, and it conceals itself within its hard shell to protect itself. Shuckle also has the highest Special Defense of all of the Pokémon.
- 2 Blissey Normal Type: While not the best attacker, Blissey is a great Defense Pokémon. Blissey is only weak when put up against fighting-type Pokémon, but it is considered one of the best gym defenders. It has a base stamina of 510 and a defense stat of 229.
- 3 Steelix Steel/Ground Type: This steel snake is incredibly tough. With a base defense stat of 200, Steelix is one of the strongest ground type Pokémon. This Pokémon evolves from Onix. While it is very strong, it is vulnerable to ground, fire, and water type moves.
- 4 Regirock Rock Type: Regirock is a Pokémon completely made out of stone. While stone might not seem too tough, it also has a defense stat of 200. This Pokémon does not evolve into any other Pokémon, nor does it evolve from a different one.
- 5 Avalugg: With an ice-covered body that acts as a hard shield, it is no wonder Avalugg is one of the top defend Pokémon. The name even insinuates that he is half avalanche and half lug. Avalugg has a base defense stat of 184.
Part 3. Spoofing Pokémon GO on iOS & Android Devices
Pokémon GO is a popular gaming app where the type and variety of Pokémon depend on your location. For instance, the water Pokémon will be more prevalent near bodies of water. There even tends to be more Pokémon within the city. Because of this, Pokémon GO players began spoofing location to advance in the game when they cannot go to those places personally. And by using a proper location spoofer for Pokémon GO, players are able to catch more Pokémon and level them up quickly without even having to leave the house.
TailorGo is the best spoofing program since it is simple to use and you can even set customized moving speed to emulate walking, cycling or driving in Pokémon GO. You can also design your route and direction so that you can collect the specific Pokémon type you want.
- Change GPS location to anywhere instantly, which will be updated to WeChat without delay.
- Simulate GPS movement along customized routes so people can play little tricks while sharing real-time location.
- Work well on a full range of location-based apps, such as WeChat, Life360, WhatsApp and Pokémon GO.
- Only simple steps are required. No technical knowledge is needed.
- Pose no security risk to devices, apps or personal information.
- Powerful enough to support both Android devices and iOS devices.
- Always run smoothly with no lag or crash.
- 1 Download, install and launch TailorGo on your computer. Then get your device connected and click the "Get Started" button.
- 2 There are 3 different modes: Teleport Mode, Navigation Route Mode and Straight Routes Mode. To simply change location, choose the 1st one and select the destination. To simulate GPS movement, choose either the 2nd or 3rd one, then plan a route to move along.
- 3 Your location will be changed easily; or the movement will be completed in no time.
Pokémon GO is a fun location-based augmented reality game that uses real locations to immerse players into the game. By combining the top attack and defend Pokémon with a location-changing spoofer such as TailorGo, you can quickly level up as a Pokémon GO trainer.