There is no doubt that your Google account is an incredibleresource, especially when it comes to using services like Google Play, through which you canaccessmillions of the latest Android apps, games, movies, books, magazines and somuch more. Depressingly, however, many of these applications are geographically restricted. Thismeans that you can't download or install these apps if you are not in asupported location.
There are ways to work around this, luckily. In the following article, we'll go through the various methods to change Google account location, so that you can explore and apply services and applicationsregardless of regional restrictions or local limitations.
- 1. How to Change Country in Google Play on Computer
- 2. How to Change Country in Google Play on Android Phone
Part 1. Change Google Account Location: Why & What Will Happen?
Due to its nature, the various services and applicationswhich are offered by Google Play depend significantly on your present location,which is provided to Google Play via your device's GPS. For example, there maybe a particular Google Play product which you believe may be a valuableresource or an interesting pastime for you, but it's not available in yourcountry. Similarly, there may be location-based contents and features withinapplications and services which can't be accessed in your particular location.
It would make sense, therefore, that by changing yourlocation in your Google account, you will have the opportunity to access theapplications and services of your choice and enjoy everything they have tooffer without constraint. On the other hand, there may be situations where youhave temporarily or permanently moved to another country, and you would nowlike to adjust your location in Google Play in order to reflect that change.
Ultimately, your Google Play location will determine thecontent you can see and access. When it comes to changing your location,however, it's important to keep the following points in mind:
- 1 You can only change your Google Play location once a year. This means that if you do change it, you won't be able to change it back for a year.
- 2When you change your country, you also won't be able to use the Google Play balance that you have in your old country in your new country.
- 3There is a risk of you losing access to certain services and products if they're not available in your new country.
Part 2. How to Change Location on Google
1. How to Change Country in Google Play on Computer
- 1. Open your computer's browser, and then go to Google Pay.
- 2. At the top, select Settings. Under Payments profile, go to Country/Region and then click the edit icon.
- 3. To create a new Google Pay profile and connect it to a new country or region, first click Create new profile. Then follow the on-screen instructions.
- 4. The Google Play Store automatically changes to the new country or region. This changes can take up to 48 hours, but also sooner.
2. How to Change Country in Google Play on Android Phone
- 1. Launch the Google Play Store app on your Android phone, then tap the profile icon at the top right.
- 2. Go to Settings > General > Account and device preferences > Country and profiles.
- 3. Tap the country where you want to add an account and add a payment method for that country. It may take up to 48 hours to update your profile.
Part 3.What if I Can't Change Google Account Country Successfully?
With the two methods provided above, you will only beable to change your Google account location successfully if you provide arelevant payment method. What's more, you can only do this once a year, whichdoes limit you considerably.
Typically, Google Play will be connected to your device'sdefault Google account. A potential solution, therefore, is to reset yourGoogle account's location if you're looking for something more permanent. Forexample, you could create a completely new Google account that is based inanother country and connect that to your Google Play instead. One disadvantage,however, is that this would be only a one-time exception because resetting yourGoogle account repeatedly simply isn't feasible. If you want to reset yourGoogle account in order to change its location, then the steps are as follows:
- 1. Go to Settings > Google, then tap on the connected Google account.
- 2. Remove the connected Google account and wait for a few moments until it has been removed from Google Play as well.
- 3. Once your previous account has been removed, you just need to create and then connect your new Google account.
- 4. Ensure that this new Google account is based on your country or region of choice, because this will change the country or region of your Google Play automatically as well.
Part 4.How to Fake Location When Needed?
Whilst the methods and solutions which have been explored inthis article can be useful in certain situations, the truth is that they dostill have their limitations and disadvantages. To change your country, youhave to set up a new country in Google Play. To set up a new country, you mustbe in that country. When moving to a new country personally is not feasible orpossible for you, then an incredibly effective alternative is to download andinstall a location spoofing application such as UnicTool TailorGo.
TailorGo is probably the most efficient and reliable toolwhen it comes to changing your Google account location. It has been carefullydeveloped to only include those design elements, critical components andconsiderations which will ensure optimum user experience and satisfaction.Countless versatile and innovative features have been integrated into this locationchanger, including:
Change the Default Google Account Location
- Teleport your device's GPS to literally any location in the world.
- Make the most of your Google Play account by accessing services, products and applications regardless ofregional restrictions.
- Multi-functional and easy-to-use at the same time.
- Perfect for greater security and privacy.
- Support both Android 5-12 and iOS 7-15.
- Free trial is available for every user.
- 1Download, install and launch TailorGo on your computer.Click the "Get Started" button and have your device connected.
- 2To change location, choose the Teleport Mode and select a destination.
- 3TailorGo will change your location in no time, and the change will be updated to Google timely.
It can be incredibly inconvenient and annoying when yourealise that you cannot download a particular application or avail of aspecific service in your Google Play simply because of your geographicallocation. There are several ways to address this issue, some of which we haveexplored in this article, but by far the most straightforward and simplestsolutionis to changeyour GPS location with a virtual GPS location changer. With UnicTool TailorGo, you'll be able to seamlessly and quickly change your location in your Google Account, with unparalleled efficiency, speed andconvenience.