Pokémon GO is a game that contains a number of different types of Pokémon of diverse strengths. These Pokémon require various items to evolve into stronger Pokémon. Therefore, if you are a Pokémon GO player and are looking for an ultimate guide to know how to get a sun stone in Pokemon Go and evolve your Pokémon, this is the right article for you.
This article briefly discusses Sun Stone - an item required by multiple Pokémon to evolve, and gives the ultimate guide to get and use Sun Stone. We will also be going over the different types of Pokémon that require Sun Stone to evolve.
- 1. How to Get a Sun Stone in Pokémon GO?
- 2. What Pokémon Need Sun Stone to Evolve?
- 3. How to Use Sun Stone?
Part 1. Everything About Sun Stone
1. What Is Sun Stone?
First off, what exactly is a Sun Stone? A Sun Stone is a specific item in the Pokémon GO game that helps particular types of Pokémon to evolve into more powerful kinds of Pokémon. Some similar items include King's Rock, Dragon Scale, Metal Coat, Upgrade, Sinnoh Stone, and Unova Stone.
The Sun Stone, as its name indicates, is a sun-like stone in the game. It burns a bright red light like the evening sun. Sun Stone can be used by some generation-1 Pokémon to evolve into generation-2 Pokémon with some Candy.
2. Why Do Players Need Sun Stone?
As previously mentioned, Sun Stone is used by several generation-1 Pokémon to evolve into generation-2 Pokémon. For this reason, to level up and gain even stronger Pokémon, players must use the Sun Stone to evolve their weak Pokémon.
Part 2. How to Get a Sun Stone in Pokémon GO?
1. How to Get a Sun Stone in Pokémon GO?
So now that we know what Sun Stones are used for, the question is, how to get get a Sun Stone in Pokémon GO? There are several ways to get a Sun Stone in Pokémon GO including at a spinning PokéStops, in the gym, and from a 7th-day streak bonus.
- 1 The simple and easiest way to get a Sun Stone in Pokémon GO is by spinning at PokéStops. But the chances of actually getting a Sun Stone is rather low. The likelihood of getting Sun Stone through this method is approximately 1%. There is a 50% chance of getting a Sun Stone if you spin 250 PokéStop. The chances are the same for getting the other evolving items such as King's Rock, Dragon Scale, Metal Coat, Upgrade, Sinnoh Stone, and Unova Stone.
- 2 Another possible way to get the Sun Stone is by visiting the gym frequently. Getting Sun Stone is a very tough challenge because the likelihood of getting Sun Stone is very low. Again, it is less than 1%.
- 3 Lastly, you can earn bonuses for visiting nearby PokéStop and catching Pokémon every day in the game. So, if you keep catching Pokémon for seven consecutive days, then there is a greater chance of getting Sun Stone in Pokémon GO as a prize for being a loyal gamer.
2. What Pokémon Need Sun Stone to Evolve?
The following Pokémon requires Sun Stone to evolve into stronger Pokémon.
- 1 Sunkern: Sukerm Pokémon requires Sun Stone and 50 Candy to evolve into a stronger Pokémon Sunflora. The evolution of Skuern Pokémon is comparatively easier than other Pokémon evolution that requires you to exchange your Pokémon with another player for evolution.
- 2 Cottonee: The evolution of Cottonee into Whimsicott is similar to the evolution of Sukern into Sinflora. Cottonee requires Sun Stone and 50 Candy to evolve into Whimsicott.
- 3 Petilil: Like Sunkern and Cottonee, Petilil also requires Sun Stone to evolve into Lilligant-a stronger Pokémon. In addition to Sun Stone, Petilil also requires 50 Candy to evolve into Lilligant. Once you evolve your Petilil into Lilligantl, it will consume Sun Stone and 50 Candy, and you will get Lilligant.
- 4 Gloom: Like all the above Pokémon, Gloom also requires Sun Stone and 50 candy to into Bellossom.
3. How to Use Sun Stone?
Players generally want to evolve their Pokémon into the higher generation Pokémon as the higher generation Pokémon are stronger than the lower rank Pokémon. To do that, each Pokémon from the lower generation requires particular items and Candy, among which Sun Stone is an important member. Once you collect the Sun Stone required to evolve your Pokémon, follow the steps below to evolve your Pokémon.:
- 1 Open the Pokémon GO game.
- 2 From the bottom of the screen, Select the "Poké Ball menu".
- 3 Click on the "Pokémon" button to see the list of Pokémon.
- 4 Find and select the Pokémon you wish to evolve.
- 5 If you have all the items and Candy required to evolve the Pokémon, then you will see the "Evolve" button. Now, click on that button.
- 6 Choose the bottom "Evolve" button to finalize the evolution of the Pokémon. That's it.
Part 3. How to Play Pokémon GO Without Walking?
To play Pokémon GO without walking, the players need to go on the field to catch Pokémon. To be more specific, players are required to go outside the home and walk around different places to find and catch Pokémon. The more different places the players visit, the greater is the possibility of players catching various Pokémon.
But what if someone cannot go outside to catch Pokémon – due to subjective and objective limitations, or just wants to stay inside the home to play the game? Is there any way to spare the trouble of moving around while at the same time keep leveling up in Pokémon GO? Yes, there are. And the solution to this problem is a professional location changing tool developed by UnicTool TailorGo.
TailorGo is a spoofing app aiming to solve all location-related issues. It is a user-friendly spoofing app compatible with both iOS (including the latest iOS 16) and Android devices. It can be used to fake location in location-based games, social media platforms, and dating apps. Whatever the reason to fake location is, TailorGo can do it without any difficulty.
Spoof Your Location in Mobile Game Pokémon GO
- Spoof location in Pokémon GO in an easy but effective way.
- Fake movement from one place to another, so players don't have to move around in the real world.
- Enable players to customize the route, speed, and direction, making the movement natural enough.
- Work with various location-based apps: Tinder, Facebook, Life360, WhatsApp, Pokémon GO, etc.
- Run smoothly on both Android and iOS (including the latest iOS 16) system.
- Clear interface and 3 simple operating steps.
- Offer free trial to every user.
- 1 Download, install and launch TailorGo on your computer. Then get your device connected and click the "Get Started" button.
- 2 There are 3 different modes: Teleport Mode, Two-Spot Mode and Multi-Spot Mode. To simply change location, choose the 1st one and select the destination. To simulate GPS movement, choose either the 2nd or 3rd one, then plan a route to move along.
- 3 Your location will be changed easily; or the movement will be completed in no time.
In the Pokémon GO game, several Pokémon require Sun Stone to evolve into stronger Pokémon, which is why players try to seek and find Sun Stone within the game. Just like what we've introduced above, one can get Sun Stone by spinning PokéStops, visiting the gym, and continuously catching Pokémon for seven days.
On top of that, as Pokémon GO game requires players to go to different places to catch Pokémon, faking location is necessary when you cannot or don't want to move around. In this case, TailorGo is sincerely recommended, which is powerful enough to change location and simulate GPS movement in the game.