WhatsApp is a well-known messaging app that allows you to stay in touch with friends and family. This cross-platform app has been downloaded by millions of people all over theworld.
Although WhatsApp is a fantastic app, there are some instances where you may accidentally delete messages from your WhatsApp conversation history. If this happens, don't worry! In this article, we will show you how to see deleted whatsapp messages on iphone and recover deleted WhatsApp messages without backup on iPhone [iOS 17 Support] step by step.
- 1. Recover Deleted Messages From Whatsapp Backup
- 2. Recover Deleted Messages From iCloud Backup
- 3. Recover Deleted Messages From iTunes Backup
Part 1. Why Could Whatsapp’s “Deleted Messages” Be Retrieved?
The iPhone has most likely already preserved your WhatsApp chats in an iTunes or iCloud backup from which you can retrieve your deleted chats using some official procedures or a data recovery tool.
Further more, even if you haven't made a backup and mistakenly erased messages, the data on your iPhone won't be cleared right away. Rather, it is kept invisibly and shifted to"unallocated" space, from which it can be recovered using a reliable data recovery software.
Part 2. 3 Effective Ways to See Deleted Whatsapp Messages on iPhone
Now that you know why deleted WhatsApp chats can be recovered, let's move on to how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone.
There are three basic scenarios in which you can retrieve deleted WhatsApp conversations from your iPhone.Let's get started
1. Recover Deleted Messages From WhatsApp Backup
Although iPhone users may see a chat backup option in WhatsApp, the backup will only bekept on iCloud if you have enabled the WhatsApp backup in the settings.WhatsApp itself does not offer any backup service.
So, if you had already backed upyour WhatsApp messages before deleting them, you can easily restore them using the steps mentioned below.
- Step 1: First of all, to see the most recent backup time and size, open WhatsApp and go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup.
- Step 2: Remove WhatsApp from your iPhone, then reinstall it. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the WhatsApp as usual. Now, sign in by using your old phone number (the one that was synced with iCloud) and the old backup file will be restored.
- If your most recent WhatsApp messages aren't backed up, you can lose them.
- It may take a long time to complete the process.
- It will also require sufficient iCloud storage as well.
2. Recover Deleted Messages From iCloud Backup
Another way is to recover deleted WhatsApp messages from iCloud backup. It is highly recommended that you back up your existing data before proceeding with the steps because this method will remove all the data on your phone.
- Step 1: Simply go to "Settings", then "General" and select "Reset". Tap on "Erase All Content and Settings".
- Step 2: Your iPhone will restart and after the reset is complete, you will be asked to set it up as a new device. During the setup process, pick "Restore from iCloud Backup" and sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
- Step 3: Select the backup file containing the WhatsApp messages you wish to recover and then "Restore".
- It erases all iPhone data.
- It's also a complex and time-consuming process.
- There's no guarantee that the data you restored will come back with your WhatsApp messages or not.
3. Recover Deleted Messages From iTunes Backup
You can restore lost WhatsApp messages from iTunes backups if you were routinely backup your iPhone with iTunes.
You'll need the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer, as well as an iPhone cable.
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone to a PC or Mac and open iTunes.
- Step 2: First click on your iPhone's name, and then the "Summary" tab.
- Step 3: Click "Restore Backup" and choose the most recent backup file to get your WhatsApp messages back.
- It rewrites all of your device's data.
- There is no way to preview the data in the backup and affirm that the WhatsApp messages are included.
Part 3. Recover Deleted Whatsapp Messages Without Backup
Now we'll get to the most important section of the article: what if you don't back up the data? how to restore deleted whatsapp messages on iphone without backup? In this case, the only way to retrieve your deleted WhatsApp messages is to use a professional tool.
iFindit[iOS 17 Support] is definitely one of thebest and most commonly used data recovery tools. It is designed to give users a simple solution to recover their lost or deleted data. It's pretty simple to use and works with a variety of iOS devices. Even if you don't have a backup,iFindit can recover deleted WhatsApp messages from your iPhone.
Here are some of its other remarkable features:
- It also allows you to preview the data before deciding to restore it, which is useful if you only want to recover a few WhatsApp messages rather than all of them.
- It provides the scanning and previewing services for free.
- It can not only recover WhatsApp messages, but also photos, videos, contacts, notes, and more.
- It is completely virus- and malware-free, so you can rest assured that your device is secure.
- Perfectly compatilbe with iOS 17/16 or lower version
If you don't know how to use UnicTool Coupon Code, you can read this article as your reference.
- 1 Go to UnicTool iFindit's official website and download the software. Install and run it. Select "iPhone Recovery" option, choosing any mode you need and then connect your iPhone to your computer.
- 3 Once the data has been scanned, you may preview it and choose which WhatsApp messages you want to restore. Then click the "Recover" button.
There are a few different ways you can try to see and recover deleted WhatsApp messages on an iPhone. However, not all of them will work, and it depends on the situation.
If you're having trouble retrieving data from your iPhone and don't know where to start, we recommend using iFindit [iOS 17 Support], which has been proven to be one of the best tools for doing so. Make iFindit your first choice for dealing with data loss.
UnicTool iFindit:A One-Stop Data Recovery
- Supports 1000+ files format&500+ recovery scenarios.
- All-in-one data recovery OS including iOS； Windows; Mac(Coming soon)
- Free scan and preview before restoring
- OS compatibility： the software is compatible with all iOS devices, including iPhone 14 Pro running on iOS 17/16