In the era of instant communication,text messages have become an essential part of our daily lives. We use them tokeep in touch with friends and family, plan things, and communicate important information even when we aren't online.
However, if you're like most iPhone users, you probably store a lot of important text conversations on your device. What happens if you delete one by mistake and later realise you accidentally deleted a critical SMS?
Well, don't panic - you can easily retrieve lost text messages from your iPhone without computer or without backup using different ways, even if you don't have a backup or a computer. In this post, we'll teach you how. Keepreading for step-by-step instructions about top effective 4 ways to recover deleted text messages iphone.
- 1. Retrieve Deleted Text Messages From iCloud Backup
- 2. Retrieve Deleted Messages On iPhone From Other Apple Devices
Part 1. How to Recover Deleted Text Messages iPhone Without Computer
Let's look at the first scenario,where you mistakenly erased an important message on your iPhone and wish to restore it without having to use a computer.You can do it in a couple of different ways.
1. Retrieve Deleted Text Messages From iCloud Backup
An iCloud backup is an exact copy of all the data on your device. It's saved in iCloud so you canretrieve it back if you get a new phone or lose your data. The backup includes contacts, messages, settings, app data, calendars, notes, voice memos, and health data, among other things.
So, if you already have a backup of your iPhone, you can simply restore deleted or lost messages without computer by restoring the iCloud backup on your iPhone. However, any new data on your iPhone that was not included inthe most recent iCloud backup would be erased. Therefore, don't forget tomake a separate copy of all the new data since the last backup.
To restore your iCloud backup,follow these steps:
- If the backup you want to restore is listed there, go ahead to factory reset your iPhone. To do so, navigate to your iPhone's main settings and select "General", then "Reset", and then "Erase All Content and Settings".
- Set up your iPhone as a new device by following the on-screen instructions. Select "Restore from iCloud backup" on the "Apps & Data" screen, and then sign in to your iCloud account with your Apple ID.
- You'll see a list of backups that are available. Choose the one that contains your deleted messages, and it will automatically restore your iPhone with all your previous data.
2. Retrieve Deleted Messages On iPhone From Other Apple Devices
When you enable the "Messages" option in iCloud on your iPhone, all of the messages are automatically synced across all your devices that use the same Apple ID. So, if you have an iPhone and an iPad or Mac with the same iCloud account, you can retrieve your deleted text messages without computer by accessing messages on any one of them.
However, this method does not always work because the syncing process normally happens almost instantly whenever youtake any action, but there is nothing wrong with giving it a try.
Follow these steps to see if you'veenabled "Messages"in iCloud:
- On your iPhone, go to the Settings app and tap on your "Apple ID".
- After that tap on "iCloud" and make sure the "Messages" switch is turned on.
If this option is turned on and you've recently erased text messages, it's possible that the deletion process did not fully sync on one of your devices.
So, you may turn off"Messages" iniCloud and search for deleted texts on other devices sharing the same Apple ID.
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Text Messages Without Backup
Now let's move on to the second partof this article, where you don't have a backup of your iPhone to restore deleted text messages.
Before getting into the methods, it's important to know can you recover deleted messageson iPhone if not backed up? The answer is Yes. The reasonis that the data is not permanently removed from your iPhone when deleted; instead, it is hidden until another piece of datatakes its place in the phone's internal storage.
1. Retrieve Deleted Text Messages With iPhone Data Recovery Tool
The easiest and most effective wayto restore deleted messages on an iPhone is to use a professional iOS datarecovery tool iFindit. It can help you retrieve deleted messages directly fromany of your iOS devices without iTunes or iCloud backup.
It is designed to recover all typesof data, including messages, contacts, photos, notes, calendars, and more fromall different scenarios such as accidentally deleted data, lost or damaged phone, iOS update or factory reset, etc. It is absolutely risk-free to use and does not necessitate any technicalknowledge.
It comes with several incredible features, including:
- Supports more than 18+ types of file formats, including common files like photos, videos,notes and social app data like iMessages, Vibe , Kik, WhatsApp and SnapChat.
- Directly recover lost or deleted data from your iPhone without any backup.
- Allows you to preview the data before recovery for free.
- Helps you retrieve the certain files you need selectively.
- Supports various iOS devices and iOS versions(including iOS 16).
- 1Install iFindit on your laptop or PC and connect your iPhone to it using a USB cable. Open the software and go to the main screen and select "Recover from iOS Device" from the list.
- 2 A list of data types that can be recovered will appear. Choose "Messages" and then click on "Scan".
- 3 A list of matched deleted text messages will appear, ordered by date. After that, you can choose any of them to see a preview of its content. Once you've completed scanning and selecting the messages you want, click "Recover" and then select the location where you want your messages saved.
2. Contact Your Service Provider to Recover Deleted Text Messages
Another effective approach you can adoptis to contact your service provider. Because every text message you send or receive passes through their systems, so they normally store them with otherimportant data before deleting.
However, don't get your expectations up too high because most network providers won't offer you convenient access toyour text messages in most cases. If you want to take a chance, use these stepsto recover lost text messages from your service provider:
- Visit your mobile network provider's website and navigate to the customer support section.
- Send them an email with a solid reason for your request. Don't forget to provide them with all of the relevant information, such as your phone number, phone model, and SIM card serial number, among other things.
- Wait a few days and check your email for a response. Once your request is approved, you will receive an email with all of the text messages.
Aswe all know, the Message app on your iPhone does not have a trash bin to keepdeleted texts. So, it's not simple to recover your messages after they've beendeleted from your phone, especially if you don't have a backup.
But you don't need to worry about itanymore because the methods listed above will definitely work for you. However,among all of these ways, iFindit is the only one that can help you recover yourdeleted or lost text messages without backup and carries a high success rate. So, download the iFindit today andlet it retrieve your essential message for you.