There is a common scenario where you accidentally delete some important messages from your iPhone while checking your messages. The majority of people panic immediately and don't know what to do. This initial panic is perfectly normal and understandable.
In most cases, it is followed by a need to recover deleted texts on iPhone. This guide will help you retrieve deleted text messages whether you have a backup or not.
Did you lose text messages on your iPhone without a backup? Don't worry; iFindit iPhone data recovery software can retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone 14/13/12/11 (iOS 16 supported). Recovery from iTunes and iCloud will overwrite your previous data. In addition, iFindit does not overwrite your data and allows previewing of the data before it is recovered.
- 1. The Easiest and Fastest Way - Using iFindit
- 2. Recover Deleted Messages with iTunes
- 3. Retrieve iPhone Messages with iCloud Messages
- 4. Contacting Apple Customer Support
Part 1.How is It Possible to Retrieve Deleted Text messages?
When you delete or lose messages from your phone, the messages are not lost or deleted. The system just technically marks these messages as deleted and invisible to you. Your device still contains them. Data recovery involves finding and recovering hidden and marked messages. There is a promise, however, that deleted messages won't be overwritten by newly generated data.
If you do any operation on your iPhone/Android phone after you have deleted text messages, the deleted text messages will be overwritten and unrecoverable. Read on to discover how to retrieve deleted messages on iPhones and Androids.
The good news is that it is possible to recover deleted text messages from iPhones/Androids without a computer. This program is limited in so many ways, like the fact that a backup must be done beforehand, that the backup must contain deleted text messages, etc. The only third-party data recovery tool that ensures the highest success rate works with a computer.
Part 2.How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages iPhone without Backup
In the second part, you will learn how to restore deleted text messages without a backup of your iPhone.
Can I recover deleted text messages on an iPhone that were not backed up before getting into the methods? Yes, it is. This is because when you delete data from your iPhone, it is not permanently removed; instead, it is hidden until another piece of data occupies the phone's internal storage.
1. The Easiest and Fastest Way - Using iFindit
An iPhone data recovery tool like iFindit is one of the easiest and most effective ways to recover deleted messages from an iPhone. Deleted messages can be recovered directly from any iOS device without iTunes or iCloud backups.
- Supports 18+ Data Types: It could recover various types of lost data, including notes, photos, videos, WhatsApp data ,Safari History and so on.
- Without Backup: It could recover your lost call history iPhone or other lost data directly from iOS devices without any backup.
- Preview Before Recovery: Once it completes the scan, you can preview the recoverable data before downloading it.
- Strong Compatibility: It supports almost all iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod) and is compatible with almost all iOS versions (including iOS 16).
- Fast and Deep Scanning: It scans your iPhone thoroughly and quickly and offers a high recovery rate.
- User-Friendly: It offers an intuitive click-based user interface that requires no technical skills to use the tool.
Several scenarios can be recovered with it, including accidentally deleted data, lost or damaged phones, iOS updates, factory resets, etc. It can recover all data types, including messages, contacts, photos, notes, calendars, etc. No technical skills are required to use it, and it is absolutely risk-free. Here's how to perform this task:
- 1Install iFindit on your laptop or PC and connect your iPhone to it through a USB cable. Go to the software's main screen and select "Recover from iOS Device."
- 2 You will see a list of data types that can be recovered. Then click "Scan" in the "Messages" section.
- 3 Matching deleted text messages will appear in chronological order. You can then preview any of them by choosing any of them. Once you have selected your messages, click "Recover" and choose where to save them after scanning.
2. Recover Deleted Messages with iTunes
You can only use this option if you have previously made an iTunes backup. Since iTunes does not allow you to view its content, you will not know if it contains the required messages until you restore it.
With iFindit, this problem can be completely overcome since it allows you to view and check whether iTunes backups contain the necessary messages. The steps are as follows.
This only works if your iPhone is automatically backed up to iTunes. Here’s how:
- 11. Install iTunes on your Mac and connect your iPhone to it. Your iPhone should be displayed in a box at the top right corner. Choose your iPhone.
- 2Make sure you know when your last backup was created. You can restore your iPhone to your previously created backup by clicking "Restore backup."
It will now replace all the data on your phone with whatever you had previously backed up. The process will take a few minutes. Your iPhone should now display your messages if you backed them up before deleting them.
3. Retrieve iPhone Messages with iCloud Messages
iCloud backups are exact copies of all the data on your device. Your data is saved in iCloud, so you can retrieve it if you get a new phone or lose it. Contacts, messages, settings, app data, calendars, notes, voice memos, and health data are included in the backup.
You can simply restore deleted, or lost messages already backed up on your iPhone by restoring the iCloud backup. All new data on your iPhone that wasn't included in the most recent iCloud backup would be erased. Don't forget to make a separate backup of all data you've added since your last backup.
Your device must be erased before restoring it from an iCloud backup, which means all your current data will be lost. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- 1You can open the Phone app by tapping the green icon at the bottom of the menu bar.
- 2Your most recent call entries (up to 100) can be found by tapping Recents at the bottom of the screen.
- 3More details about the call can be viewed by clicking the blue "i" icon next to the number.
4. Contacting Apple Customer Support
Contacting Apple Su[port provider is another effective approach. They store your texts because every text you send or receive passes through their systems, causing them to store them along with other important data before deleting them.
Only expect a little from most network providers since they won't give you convenient access to your texts. You can try these steps to recover lost text messages from your service provider if you want to take a chance:
- 1Go to the customer support section of your mobile network provider's website.
- 2Send them an email explaining why you need their help. Make sure they hold all the necessary information, such as your phone number, phone model, and SIM card serial number.
- 3You will receive a response within a few days. The text messages will be sent to you by email after your request has been approved.
Part 3.Reviews of All Methods
You can choose a method from the list above that suits your needs. Our results show that iFindit is more user-friendly and practical than any other method:
|Recover deleted messages without backup
|Preview before recovery
|Selectively or fully
|Fully restore only
|Fully restore only
|Recover deleted text messages without a computer
Now you understand the pros and cons of each method from the above analysis. It is only up to you to choose one that works for you.
Bonus:Tips for You
Here are some of the best additional practices you can add on for an extra ritual:
1. Backup your iPhone
Whenever you delete a text message from your iPhone, you must back up your phone to recover it later. You should always back up your iPhone before upgrading, restoring, jailbreaking, or doing anything else. We recommend regularly backing up your iPhone as the best option. This guide will show you how to back up your iPhone to iTunes/iCloud/PC/Mac if you need to learn how to do it.
2. Forever Keep Your Messages
What if your iPhone text messages were suddenly deleted or disappeared, even though you did nothing?
If you are experiencing this, there is a high probability that you have changed the Settings option for Message History. There are three options: 30 days, one year, and forever. The messages will be automatically deleted after 30 days or 1 year if you have selected those options. Wouldn't it be better to check it and set it to forever?
It is well known that the Message app on your iPhone does not have a trash bin where you recover keep deleted messages. If you have a backup, you can only get your messages after they've been deleted. In any case, the above methods will definitely work for you, so do not worry about it anymore. While all of these methods can recover deleted or lost text messages without backup, iFindit possesses a high success rate and can recover deleted or lost text messages without backup. Download iFindit today and let it retrieve the messages you need.Try it out today!(use iFindit).