You are using your iPhone and checking up its setting, and suddenlyyou stumble upon the "Significant Locations" option in your phone and askyourself, "Has Apple been tracking me everywhere I go?" You may even be worriedand feel as though Apple has been collecting your data and using it to send you notifications, Ads, and updates. While there is a certain level of truth in howmuch information they have collected about you, significant locations is a relativelysafe feature since the information is encrypted and simply collected for thepurpose of providing personalized services.
In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know aboutthe significant locations in your iPhone. This includes significant locationssettings, how to access it, how to turn on and turn offit, how to changeyour significant locations, and how you can use TailorGo, a top-notch spoofing toolto fake your location.
Part 1. What Are Significant Locations on iPhone?
Significant locations is a feature in iPhone that tracks the placesyou visit more often and saves the location that you visit the most. Apple usesthese locations' information to send you updates about your photos, memories,maps, and calendar apps. But you don't need to worry about it since even Applecan't read the significant locations data, which means your information is notshared with anyone and your privacy is not infringed upon by the company.
Like everything in this world, there are two sides of significant locations:
- Gives you updates about yourphotos and memories.
- Tells you where you have takencertain photos, making your photos and trips more memorable.
- Acts as a tool to provide youreliable information about traffic routes, directions, and automatic pickupspots for your rideshare.
- Not accurate enough.
- Decreases battery life to somedegree.
Part 2.How to Access & Turn Off Significant Locations?
So far, you have been caught up on what the significant locations featurein your iPhone is and the pros and cons of the feature. But now, let's discusshow to access this feature. You can access significant locations by followingthe navigation below:
- 1Open the Settings, scroll down and click on "Privacy".
- 2Select "Location Services" , scrolldown and click "System Services".
- 3Once you reach the page, youwill see the slide bar behind the "Significant Locations". You can toggle orslide that bar to turn on and turn off the feature.
- 4To update your specificlocations, choose a location from the list under "HISTORY". Next click on the "Edit" button in the topright corner.
- 5If you want to delete wrong locationsthat were previously saved on your device, just click "Clear History". Then theconfirmation message will appear, and once you accept it, the feature willerase all the saved locations.
Once the significant location is turned off, it will stop tracking theplaces you visited. Once the feature is turned off, its color changes to whitefrom gray, indicating that you have successfully switched. If you want to turnit on again, then follow the same navigation and switch on or slide the bartoward the left. This will turn on the feature, but it may take few days forApple to collect enough data to display the locations you visited before.
Part 3. How to Fake Location on iPhone?
While significant locations may not send your information to Apple,it does not make it right for Apple to collect your information in the firstplace. If privacy is an issue for you, you may want to fake your location byusing a spoofing tool. This means you may be sitting in Italy, but your phoneshows that you are in New Jersey. You can do this by using TailorGo, aprofessional location changer for both iOS & Android.
TailorGo is one of the most efficient anduser-friendly spoofing apps for iPhone and Android phones. By using TailorGo,you can easily fake your location to anywhere you want. There are manyinstances where you may not want to display or change location, especially ifyou are just visiting a location temporarily. For instance, if you live inCalifornia, but you temporarily go to an office in New York to work, you maynot want your phone to track the New York office's address as your main workaddress. In this case, you can use spoofing apps such as TailorGo to fake your location in California while you are still in New York.
Fake Location on iPhone
- Change GPS location to anywhere instantly, which will be updated to WeChat without delay.
- Simulate GPS movement along customized routes so people can play little tricks while sharing real-time location.
- Work well on a full range of location-based apps, such as WeChat, Life360, WhatsApp and Pokémon GO.
- Only simple steps are required. No technical knowledge is needed.
- Pose no security risk to devices, apps or personal information.
- Powerful enough to support both Android devices and iOS devices.
- Always run smoothly with no lag or crash.
- 1Download, install and launch TailorGo on your computer. Then get your device connected and click the "Get Started" button.
- 2There are 3 different modes: Teleport Mode, Two-Spot Mode and Multi-Spot Mode. To simply change location, choose the 1st one and select the destination. To simulate GPS movement, choose either the 2nd or 3rd one, then plan a route to move along.
- 3Your location will be changed easily; or the movement will be completed in no time.
FAQs About Significant Locations on iPhone
1. Can significant locations oniPhone be wrong?
Yes. The significant locations can be wrongif your iPhone is not updated to the latest version or if your phone is not updating the location periodically. You can fix it by switching off the phoneand turning it on again.
2. Why can't I clearsignificant locations on iPhone?
Sometimes because of technical issues, youcan't clear the significant locations history. In this case, you can do it bysigning out of iCloud on both MacBook and iPhone and then signing back intoiCloud and clear history again.
3. How often does significantlocations on iPhone update?
Judgingfrom the current information, iPhone updates the significant locationsevery 15 minutes.
Significant locations is a feature on iPhone used to track locations you visit frequently to offer more personalized service. For example, after itknows that you visit the gym twice a week at a certain time, it will input theaddress into your navigation system for the convenience of going there the nexttime.
Although the data is end-to-end encrypted and only you can see thatsaved location, some people prefer privacy when it comes to personalinformation such as where you work, live, and exercise. In view of this, wehave discussed how you could turn off and on significant locations as well ashow to use a spoofing app like TailorGo to fake your location within yourphone.