The "Allow mock locations" feature in Android system is useful when using location-specific apps like Tinder and gaming apps like Pokémon GO. There are a great number of advantages that "Allow mock location" can provide. For example, you can change the device's location to another location, through which you can get access to more features that were otherwiase unavailable in your location.
Today in this post, we'll tell you everything about allow mock locations feature on Android devices. On top of that, TailorGo, the best tool to mock locations, will be recommended.
Part 1. What Does "Allow Mock Locations" Mean?
The "Allow Mock Locations" function allows developers to manually change device's GPS location after enabling it. It is helpful in spoofing location on a device and availing geo-features associated with different social apps, games, websites and other content available online. This feature is on almost every new Android model, with minor differences in how to enable it, such as in Samsung, Xiaomi, and Huawei.
When we refer to the "Allow mock locations" option, we are talking about Android device particularly because iOS does not have this option. At the very first beginning, the mock location feature was introduced to test the device for various parameters by the developers, and was eventually used by more people for mocking location. It goes without saying that in order to mock locations on Android devices, we must first enable the developers mode on our devices.
Part 2. What Is "Allow Mock Locations" Used For?
Introduced as a developer option, the mock locations feature on Android has gained tremendous popularity due to its diverse use. Here are some of the major cases of using "Allow mock locations":
- To have a better control of location-based games. If you have played these games like Pokémon GO before, you know that it can be of great help to mock location.
- To test out application for different locations. When a new application is developed, this feature is often used for testing the application for different locations and comparing different parameters.
- To access apps and online materials unavailable in current location. There are some applications and website contents which are location-specific, i.e., are only available to people living in specific locations. In this case, one can use "Allow mock locations" feature to access such restricted content.
- To unlock profiles on dating apps and meet more people outside their locality. Through mocking location, one can meet more new people from different geographical locations and get to know more about the new location.
- To get the latest updates and reports based on other locations. Weather reports and new updates of a specific location come in handy using the mock location feature.
Part 3. How to Allow Mock Locations on Android Devices?
Almost all of the newer versions of Android have an inbuilt mock locations feature. In order to access this feature you need to enable the developers option as it is only available for the developers. While the overall functionality of the allow mock locations feature on Android is the same, there may be minor differences between device models. Check the methods below for enabling mock locations on Samsung, LG, Xiaomi and Huawei.
1. To Allow Mock Locations on Samsung
- Step 1. In Settings, go to About phone > Software information. Locate the build number and tap on the option 7 times without stopping in between. This will turn on the developer mode.
- Step 2. Now there will be a new option called "Developer options" in the Settings. Find and turn on "USB debugging" in it.
- Step 3. Under the debugging section, there is a "Select mock location app" option. Select the app you want to use for mocking location.
2. To Allow Mock Locations on LG
- Step 1. In Settings, find the build number and tap on it 7 times to turn on the developer mode.
- Step 2. Now locate and turn on the "Allow mock locations" option. In this way, the mock location app installed on your device will be able to change the GPS location.
3. To Allow Mock Locations on Xiaomi
- Step 1. After opening the Settings, select "MIUI version" and then "About phone" to enable developer options.
- Step 2. Now similar to that on LG, there will be a separate option called "Allow mock locations". Just enable it.
4. To Allow Mock Locations on Huawei
- Step 1. Go to Settings and tap on the "Build number" 7 times under "Software information".
- Step 2. After activating the developer mode, you can now select a mock location app under the "Mock location app" section in "Developer options".
Part 4. What's the Best Tool to Mock Locations?
To change or mock your location on Android after enabling the developer options, you need to have a corresponding GPS faking app installed on your device to finish mocking GPS location.
There are many applications available which can used for faking GPS on your device but it is important to keep in mind that not all of them are safe and reliable. You need to choose a tool that is easy to use and at the same time effective.
TailorGo allows you to change GPS location on your device and access the various geo-based features such as to match more people on dating apps and to send a fake location on social apps. The easy-to-navigate interface facilitates using the app while changing GPS location in one touch.
- Change GPS location with only 3 simple steps.
- Simulate GPS movement along customized routes without lag.
- Applicable to almost all location-based apps, such as Tinder, Life360, WhatsApp and Pokémon GO.
- Support both Android and iOS system (including the latest iOS 15) perfectly.
- Absolutely safe without any security risks or information leakage.
- Free trial available for every user.
- 1 Download, install and launch TailorGo on your computer. Click "Get Started" to begin. Then connect your device to the computer.
- 2 For iOS devices, directly select one mode from the main interface: Teleport Mode, Two-Spot Mode or Multi-Spot Mode. For Android users, enter the Gaming or Soical Mode first. After that, select a destination you want to move to or plan a route as you wish.
- 3 With just a few simple steps, you will get GPS location changed or finish simulating GPS movement.