Are you fed up with being tracked by friends, family members, managers, or colleagues on Find My Friends app? Do you want to reclaim your freedom and privacy without causing friction in your relationships? Yes, this is not rocket science because you can now simply do it by faking your Find My Friends location. In this article, we will take you through a detailed guide on how to fake location on Find My Friends without jailbreak.
- 1. Simply Turn Airplane Mode On
- 2. Share Location From Another Device
- 3. Spoof Location With TailorGo
- 4. Fake Location Using iTools
Part 1. An Overview of Find My Friends
Find My Friends (now called Find My) is an Apple app that allows people to share their current location deliberately. With this app, you can instantly see each other's GPS location provided you both accepted the share location request. Protective parents more often use this technique to track/monitor their children.
While the direct benefit of tracking is clear, privacy and security concern is also critical. There are scores of adult people who want to get out of this trap and carry on their desired activities at their preferred location. The best way to do that, obviously, is by hiding true location. This way, other people will think you are in the displayed GPS location, but you can do what you want in a different place without being bothered.
Part 2. Is It Possible to Fake Your Location on Find My Friends?
Yes, faking your location on Find My Friends is not a hard nut to crack. It is possible to fake your location on the Find My Friends app using a suitable location spoofer tool. With it, you can hide your true location by selecting a suitable false location for other people to see. When people track you, they will be fed with the location you deliberately chose.
There are plenty of location spoofer tools out there. While some offer basic fake location features, others offer incredibly smart features. These advanced intelligent features mimic movements that make it extremely hard to be noticed that you are faking your location. The most important thing here is to select a suitable location spoofer tool for your device.
Part 3. How to Fake Location on Find My Friends Without Jailbreak?
1. Simply Turn Airplane Mode On
This is one of the simplest yet plausible methods to avoid being watching over on Find My Friends app without jailbreaking. When you turn off airplane mode, all networks including GPS are turned off. Therefore, when someone tries to track you using the Find My Friends app, he/she is bombarded with messages like "location unavailable". Until you turn the airplane mode off, your GPS location won't be seen by others.
2. Share Location From Another Device
Faking location on Find My Friends can also be achieved by using a secondary device - another iPhone for example. This way, you can share the secondary device's location with your friends while you are enjoying yourself somewhere else with your primary phone/device.
The trick is simple: Just sign out of the Find My Friends app on your primary phone and then log in using the same credentials on the secondary device. Since you are signing in using the same Apple ID, your account is synced, and then what your friends will view is this secondary phone's location. So you can just leave it somewhere convenient and go up to your activities with your primary phone/device.
3. Spoof Location With TailorGo
TailorGo is a great app for you to spoof and fake location on Find My Friends app with ease. This app gives you great flexibility and makes it extremely good for location-based applications such as AR games and Pokémon GO just to mention but a few. Whether you are a newbie or an expert, there is no need to fret. With a few simple steps, you will successfully hide Fake location on the Find My Friends app like never before.
- Change GPS location to anywhere instantly, which will be updated to Find My Friends without delay.
- Simulate GPS movement along customized routes so you can move virtually the way you like.
- Apply to all location-based apps, such as WeChat, Life360, WhatsApp and Pokémon GO.
- Clear user interface and simple operating steps.
- No security risk or virus attached.
- Compatible with both Android and iOS (including the newly-released iOS 15).
- Free trial is offered for initial experience.
- 1 Download, install and launch TailorGo on your computer. Then click the "Get Started" button and get your device connected.
- 2 There are 3 different modes: Teleport Mode, Navigation Route Mode and Straight Routes Mode. To simply change location, choose the 1st one and select the destination. To simulate GPS movement, choose either the 2nd or 3rd one, then plan a route to move along.
- 3 Your location will be changed easily; or the movement will be completed in no time.
4. Fake Location Using iTools
iTools is another good application to change your GPS location. This program supports both Windows and Mac operating systems. The process is very seamless and can be done by newbies and amateurs alike. With this tool, you can choose a place to teleport or simulate with movements to make your movements more natural. The following steps illustrate how to fake location using iTools.
- 1Download, install and launch iTools on your computer. Now connect your computer with your iPhone using suitable media.
- 2Go to the "Toolbox" then hit the "Virtual Location" button on the main interface.
- 3You will now enter a map with a search bar at the top. Enter the name of the location you want to “move to” and hit "Go". Again, when the location is found, click the "Move here" button to confirm.
- Incompatible with Android devices.
- Does not work on system having antivirus.
- Rather expensive compared with products of the same type.
- The latest iTunes should be preinstalled on your computer.
FAQs About Find My Friends
1. How to turn off location sharing on iPhone?
- 1. Navigate to the "Settings" menu on your iPhone.
- 2. Choose the "Privacy" option.
- 3. Select the "Location Services" option and drag the slider to turn it off.
2. Why does it say location not available on Find My Friends?
When you receive this message, it doesn't mean that your friend has blocked you from accessing their location. This issue can spring up because your friend's device has a wrong date/time, is switched off or not connected to the cellular or WiFi network. Also, it's probable that your friend has enabled "Hide My Location" feature, turned off location services, or signed out Find My Friends app.
3. How to stop sharing location without them knowing on Find My Friends?
When you stop sharing location with someone on Find My Friends app, he/she would know. However, you can also stop sharing location without them knowing. This can be done using a location spoofer tool like TailorGo. With this app, you can provide a false GPS location that will be displayed on Find My Friends app. Also, you can intelligently simulate movements to make your teleporting more natural. With these techniques, you can hide your true location from friends on Find My Friends app.
The above guide has undoubtedly offer rich information regarding how to fake location on My Friends app with ease. Although we have highlighted plenty of plausible methods, the ultimate solution is using TailorGo location spoofer. With this tool, you can intelligently fake location on Find My Friends app and simulate GPS movement, which will take your privacy to another level.