Apple has been leading the smartphone market for the past few years. Thanks to its software design and continuous innovations, it has managed to stay on top. Following the trend, Apple finally released the developer mode feature, designed to keep users safe from downloading harmful software.
This is why more and more people want to know about it. If you are also one of them and want to know about iPhone developer mode and how to enable it, read this article till the end as we explain all you need to know about it.
- 1. Enable Developer Mode on Setting
- 2. Enable Developer Mode with TailorGo Step Tutorial
- 3. Enable Developer Mode with Xcode
Part 1. What is iPhone Developer Mode?
Since security threats are becoming increasingly common nowadays, developers and software companies need to pay extra attention to their users' safety and security. This is where iPhone developer mode comes into play, as it is made to keep users safe and secure from potentially harmful software.
When iOS 16 was launched, people were super hyped about it. Rightfully so, as it came with a plethora of new game-changing features which help users with their daily tasks. Some new features include lock screen widgets, more innovative dictation software, and an iCloud share photo library.
Even though these upgrades were quite crucial, the new developer mode was the most important out of the lot. It allowed the users to control their devices and play around with the settings while ensuring they stay safe from malware and potentially dangerous software.
iPhone developer mode also allows users to install custom ROM and enable USB debugging. There are also many other features with which you can play around with the security settings and explore other features that would be hard to find for standard users. If you also wish to use iPhone developer mode, you must note that it is only available on iOS 16.
Part 2. How to Enable Developer Mode on iPhone
Now that you know more about developer mode on iPhone and its numerous benefits related to safety and security, you must also be tempted to try it out. If yes, let's share the steps and procedures to activate it via different methods.
Read ahead as we explain how to enable iOS 16 developer mode.
1. Enable Developer Mode on Setting
If you want to know how to enable iOS 16 developer mode on the setting, follow these simple steps.
- Step 1: Turn on your device, and from the homepage, navigate to the 'Settings’ menu denoted by a gear-shaped icon.
- Step 2: Go to the ‘Privacy and Security’ menu and click on developer mode.
- Step 3: Toggle the 'Developer Mode,' switch to the on position, and click on reboot on the following prompt.
- Step 4: Rest your phone for a few minutes as it reboots completely. Once the restart is completed, a pop-up window will prompt you to enable developer mode and enter your passcode if prompted.
- Step 5: Click on ’Turn On’ to enable developer mode.
- Step 6: After following all these steps, OS will enable developer mode, and you can run local development builds efficiently, and internal distribution builds.
2. Enable Developer Mode with TailorGo Step Tutorial
If you want to enable developer mode with UnicTool, follow these simple steps.
- Step 1: Turn on your iPhone and connect it to the TailorGo app.
- Step 2: Click on ‘Developer Mode’ and click yes on the prompt that asks, "Do you want to enable Developer Mode?"
- Step 3: When the screen prompts that developer mode entry has been displayed, tap on ok to turn on developer mode.
- Step 4: Find the developer mode option on your iPhone and follow the device prompts to turn on developer mode.
- Step 5: Wait for the device to Restart to turn on Developer Mode.
Since the number of online dangers is increasing daily, you need to have developer mode enabled to provide safety and security to the user. Similarly, if you want to keep your location private, you can use UnicTool TailorGo, as it allows users to hide their location and keep hackers and snoopers at bay.
Location Changer for iOS
- Allows users to teleport anywhere in the world in a few clicks.
- It can mimic GPS movements with personalized speeds and routes.
- Works with various platforms like Tinder, Pokémon GO, and Snapchat.
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices up to iOS 16 and android 13.
3. Enable Developer Mode with Xcode
What if you can’t find Developer Mode on your iPhone? In that case, you will need to connect your iPhone to a Mac computer and use Xcode.
Here’s how to turn on Developer Mode with the Xcode:
- 1Connect your iPhone to the Mac.
- 2Launch Xcode on your Mac computer and navigate to Windows.
- 3Tap on Devices and Simulators from the drop-down menu and select your iPhone.
- 4Next, navigate to settings on your iPhone and follow the steps mentioned earlier to enable the Developer Mode on your iPhone.
Part 4. How to Disable Developer Mode
If you want to know how to disable developer mode, follow these steps.
- Step 1: Turn on your device and go to the Settings apps denoted by the gear option.
- Step 2: Navigate to the ‘Privacy and Security’ tab under the battery option.
- Step 3: Proceed to the 'Developer Mode’ option, click on the 'Developer Mode' option, and turn it off.
- Step 4: After that, the device will prompt you to restart; click on the restart and wait a few minutes for the device to completely reboot.
- Step 5: After the reboot, your device will be in regular mode, and you can enjoy using it.
With the introduction of developer mode in iOS 16, overall safety and security were increased as it prevented people from unknowingly installing malware and harmful apps. In this article, we have discussed how to enable and disable developer mode. We hope that it has cleared all queries regarding this topic.
Due to the increasing security risks, you should keep your personal information safe and secure. If you also want to keep your location private, try using UnicTool TailorGo, as it can spoof your location and make it harder to follow. Even though it is new software, it has thousands of positive reviews and can be easily navigated.