Twitter is one of the most popular and influential social media platforms in the world, with millions of tweets being published by millions of users on a daily basis. By default, Twitter relies upon your real-time location in order to provide geo-specific services and content and enhance overall user experience. If you've been wondering how to change location on Twitter or how to change trending location on Twitter, then you've certainly come to the right place.
- 1. Change Twitter Country Settings on Computer
- 2. Change Twitter Country Settings on Mobile Phone
- 3. My Profile Location & My Country Setting: What's the Difference?
Part 1. How to Change Your Country on Twitter
There are a number of reasons as to why you may want to spoof your original location on Twitter. For example, you may want to protect your personal information and your privacy, considering that Twitter tracks your location in order to provide services and content based on your movements and choices. Spoofing your location may therefore provide you with the assurance you need regarding your privacy concerns.
Another reason could be that you want to access people and content you may not usually have the chance to interact with. This is because Twitter uses your real-time location in order to recommend people, topics as well as hashtags. By spoofing your location on Twitter, you can broaden the scope and impact of your Twitter profile, increase your exposure, meet new people and build your following.
Regardless of the reason, if you have ever thought of spoofing your location on Twitter, then this guide is here to provide you with a series of tried, tested and trusted methods.
1. Change Twitter Country Settings on Computer
- 1 On your computer, open your browser and log into your Twitter account. Click on your profile.
- 2 Go the Settings and privacy > Account > Data and permissions > Country.
- 3 You can then select the country you want your Twitter location to be based on from the drop-down menu. Click Agree and continue, then your Twitter location will be changed.
2. Change Twitter Country Settings on Mobile Phone
- 1 Open the Twitter application on your mobile phone, ensure that you are logged in.
- 2 Visit your account, click Account information, enter your password and then select Country.
- 3 Select the correct country from the drop-down. Then click Agree and continue when prompted.
3. My Profile Location & My Country Setting: What's the Difference?
On Twitter, your profile location and your country settings are two very different things. When you change your country settings for your account, the location which appears on your profile won't be changed unless you do it yourself. This is because any information which appears on your profile is public and customisable information, according to however you want it.
Changing the country settings for your account is not public or customisable information however, and it is what Twitter uses in order to personalise your user experience depending on that location. Your profile location, on the other hand, will not be used by Twitter to adjust the content, trends and people which appear in your feed, and therefore has no effect on your user experience.
Part 2. How to Change Trending Location on Twitter
1. Change Twitter Trending Location on Computer
- 1 On your computer, open your browser and ensure that you are logged into your Twitter account. Your trends will appear on the left side of the home page, in the Trends for you section.
- 2 In order to change your trending location, click on the Change button which is next to the Trends for you section.
- 3 Then the Trends settings window will appear as a pop-up, select the Change option on the pop-up. Enter the desired location for your Trends by typing it into the search box.
- 4 Click Done once you have selected it. In this way, instead of seeing tailored trends, you will see trends from your selected location.
2. Change Twitter Trending Location on Mobile Phone
- 1 Open the application and then select your profile icon in the top right corner.
- 2 Select Settings and privacy. Then click on Content preferences.
- 3 Under the Explore option, tap Trends.
- 4 Drag the slider next to Trends for you to turn on and receive personalized trends.
- 5 When the feature is disabled, you can change your location by tapping Change location. In the search box, enter your desired Trends location or choose from the list.
Part 3. How to Fake Location on Twitter?
It's important to keep in mind that Twitter won't allow you to attach random locations to your tweets. However, you can work your way around this by first spoofing your location so that you can then geotag your tweets with the spoofed location instead. In order to do this, you should use a reliable and dependable application such as TailorGo. When it comes to spoofing your location, TailorGo is an exceptional program which distinguishes itself from every market competitor with its flawless design and engineering.
It is a credible and powerful solution, enabling you to change your virtual location to anywhere in the globe, on your device as well as on any location-based applications or programs on it – such as Twitter. With its numerous features, intuitive interface and design considerations, it is the perfect choice.
- Teleport to any location in the globe.
- Simulate natural movements, travelling times and trajectories.
- Make the most of location-based applications and services: Twitter, Facebook, Grindr, Pokémon GO, etc.
- Compatible with both iOS and Android OS.
- Super easy steps; friendly to users of all levels.
- Absolutely safe from risks and virus.
- Free trial provided for every user.
- 1 Download, install and launch TailorGo on your computer. Get your device connected, then click the "Get Started" button to begin.
- 2 To simply change location, choose the Teleport Mode and select the destination. To simulate GPS movement, choose either Two-Spot Mode or Multi-Spot Mode, then plan a route.
- 3 Your location will be changed instantly; or the movement you planned will be completed smoothly. All changes will be updated to Twitter in no time.
FAQs About Twitter Location
1. Why does Twitter have the wrong location?
In order to enable precise location on Twitter, you have to enable location services at the device level for the Twitter app through the settings on your mobile phone, and enable precise location at the account level within the Twitter app. If any of these are not turned on then your location won't be displayed correctly.
2. Why can't I see worldwide trends on Twitter?
In 2020, Twitter removed the Worldwide Trends view during an update. However, they have been working on the Explore page in order to ensure that users view more relevant content for the different locations they pick. If you want to view content related to specific locations, you therefore have to change your country settings or the trending location on your Twitter account, or spoof your GPS location on your device.
3. How do I enable and disable location on tweets?
On Twitter, you can choose to add a location to your Tweets in order to provide additional geographical context. You can label your Tweet with a specific location, and in some instances even the name of a particular business, landmark or point of interest. If you want to adjust this setting:
- 1. Open the Twitter application, log in and then select your profile icon in the upper right corner.
- 2. Go to Settings and privacy > Privacy and safety.
- 3. Under Data sharing and off-Twitter activity, go to Location information.
- 4. From there, select Add location information to your Tweets. If the box is already checked, it means that your location information is being attached to your Tweets.
- 5. To turn off Tweet location, simply uncheck the box.